I had a very poor appliance delivery experience with XPO which I will note below. I had purchased a front load washer and dryer from Lowes in Houston, TX and asked the appliances to be delivered. Lowes sub-contracts these deliveries to XPO.

1) The appliances were supposed to be delivered on a Sunday and I received a confirmation call from XPO the night before confirming this. At 4PM on Sunday, I called XPO and they indicated that they did not have me on the schedule for delivery. Turns out there was a problem in communication between Lowes and XPO (maybe not XPO's fault). After this, the wheels fell off the train.

2) The delivery was scheduled for "between 11-2" on Monday. The truck shows up at 8:30AM. Without knocking on the door, the delivery team starts cutting open the boxes in the street and I greet them in front of my house. Very little communication from the head of the team, but he walked in the home and looked where we wanted the items. The area was clean and we had already moved the old appliances and removed the hoses and vents.

3) The crew brought in the washer and dryer. We asked if the team could reverse the door on the dry and it would not open given the location of the wall. The head of delivery said they do not do that and that we should have requested this to be done in the warehouse. When I stated that nobody had asked me the direction of the door and that the dryer was sealed in a box, he ignored me. Five minutes later one of the deivery crew was taking the door off and reversing it (a five minute task). They put the door on incorrectly and head told me that we have "push down" on the door to make it shut as the door was no longer aligned.

4) The attached the four prong power cord which I had bought new from Lowes. They left exposed wires coming out of the back of the dryer and did not attached the strain review bracket which is required to protect the cord from being pulled out. They didn't even leave the bracket behind for me to install. This is a five minute task and again, the team couldn't be bothered to do this correctly.

5) They scratched the front of the washer door, and while this is not the most important part of the machine aesthetically, I still do not appreciate two scratches in a brand new washer.

6) Finally, after 10 minutes of being in my home, they said, we are done, sign here. They simply runed the appliances on to see if they powered up. There was no testing, no demonstration and no explanation of what they had done. It was obvious they were anxious to leave. The Lowes delivery instructions and services indicate that the delivery crew is supposed to test and demonstrate the basic features of the appliance. None of this happened.

7) About three or four hours after they left, I received a text message from XOP services: "Was the delivery completed to your 100% satisfaction. Please reply Y or N". I replied N. I then got an immediate alert from XPO: "We're very sorry to hear that. Please reply with a short description of the problem, and someone with follow up shortly". I then provided all of this information and a few pictures. Guess what, nobody replied. A day later I called XPO to ask for help and mentioned the text messages and they said the text messages are a new system and I shouldn't expect a follow-up. Further, they would not help me and needed to pursue this through Lowes.

I sure hope XPO follows through and researches this total failure in what should have been a simple delivery. I also hope they pull the phone call from December 4, 2018 where the phone agent refused to assist with the issues. It's disappointing when a company can fail on so many levels and speaks to their core processes and management and senior management running the company.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 06.

Comments